October 13, 2017

Erdem X H&M

Okay, okay, okay! 

I've never been that crazy into the H&M Collaborations because I consider it to be part of fast fashion. As a consumer I want to make smarter choices about the clothes I purchase and want to buy items that will last longer and be made with utmost care and design consideration. 


Well throw that out the window because ... the #ERDEMxHM collection is absolutely to die for. There's this beautiful teaser film by Baz Luhrmann and it's so dreamy. I've always leaned towards more Victorian, big, flowy timeless styles and this collection captures the essence perfectly. Styles some may refer to as "granny" or "old fashioned" are featured but I can imagine them reworn more than just once. 


Who is Erdem though? Erdem Moralioglu is a Canadian and Turkish Designer and is without a doubt designer of this generation. His designs feel classic yet have a modern feel. Currently, ERDEM is sold in over 170 of the most exclusive retailers, including Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Lane Crawford, Colette, Dover Street Market, Selfridges (UK) and Harvey Nichols, can we say Haute Couture?!? This is my kind of aesthetic. 


Update 11/03/2017: The hype was real, by the time I walked into H&M everything was gone, the silk was low quality, and there were no shoes in my size. Oh well, now everything is just jolted up on price by hypebeasts on eBay (I see you!).





Photo from H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment